photo © 2008 Jelene Morris | more info (via: Wylio)Your company needs clients to survive, and happy clients if you want to survive happily. That’s why you make the investment that you do in customer service and technical support.
Sometimes though, it’s good to step outside the way things are normally done, and send special thanks. Perhaps you have a client who has been especially valuable to you. Or maybe you just want to thank them for being there.
Depending upon the type of business you have, the income generated by each client, and how well you get to know each client personally, there are many different ways you can say thanks. Here are 21 to get you thinking… and thanking!
“How do I show I love thee? Let me count the ways…”
- Take them out to lunch, not to sell them anything, but just to say hi .
- Send them a thank-you card, just for being a customer.
- Send them an article you found that you think would be of interest to them.
- Write a blog post featuring their company or themselves as a businessperson.
- Give them a referral on LinkedIn.
- Mention them in a tweet or Facebook post, and include a link to their Website.
- Invite them out to dinner or coffee with a contact or potential customer for them.
- Ask for their feedback or ideas on a project you’re working on. People often appreciate being included and knowing that their opinions matter.
- Look through your contact database or Rolodex looking specifically for a name you could connect to your client as a potential client or resource they might be interested in meeting. [Read more...]