Here at Tacamor, we are committed to providing great customer service throughout all 365 days of the year. However, as the holiday season approaches, we would like to provide twelve extra special tips that can help you to deliver the best customer care possible during the busy holiday rush.
1. Don’t forget to breathe! Seriously. You may have a lot of information to communicate, but blurting it all out in a rush may make the caller feel overwhelmed and confused. Sometimes it’s a good idea to pause, take a deep breath, and let an idea sink in before continuing on with the rest of your explanation.
2. Try to vary the tone of your voice. Talking in a dull monotone throughout a call gives the impression that you are not interested and is a sure way to put the caller to sleep. Changing up your voice to emphasize certain words will make you sound more interesting and engaged.
3. Be patient. As a customer service agent, you are an expert on your client’s services. However, most callers probably do not have your level of expertise, and may not understand something after the first explanation. Be patient, and if he or she does not understand, try to explain it again in different words.
4. It’s okay to ask for help. We all try to be as prepared as possible, but sometimes an issue may come up that you have no idea how to resolve. In that case, it is okay to get some help from your supervisor, team lead, or co-workers. Getting assistance is always a better idea than trying to pretend you know the answer when you really do not.
5. Be forgiving. The holiday season can be a stressful time for many people. If a caller snaps at you, don’t take it personally and remember that he or she may be under a lot of pressure. Remain calm and professional, and definitely don’t snap back.
6. Listen carefully. People need to know that they are being heard and understood. Listen carefully, don’t interrupt, and really try to understand exactly what callers are saying so you do not have to ask them to repeat themselves.
7. Spread the love. The holiday season is a time of joy. Let the people around you know that you appreciate them by performing small, random acts of kindness.
8. Think positively. When presented with a challenge, don’t dwell on negative things, but instead concentrate on what you can do to make the situation better. This applies both at work and at home.
9. Be a chameleon! No two customer service calls are ever completely identical. Call center agents need to be able to adapt to the particular circumstances of each individual call and change their communication style accordingly.
10. Mind your Ps and Qs. Including simple niceties like “please” and “thank-you” in your conversations can go a long way towards making people feel respected.
11. Clear your mind. Lunch and coffee breaks are great opportunities to get re-energized for the rest of the workday. Make the most of your breaks by doing something that will leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed, like reading a newspaper article or going for a brief walk.
12. Do your best and forget the rest! When you give your best effort, it’s always enough. Don’t focus too much on things you cannot control.
Tacamor would like to wish each and every one of you a wonderful holiday season! To all our clients, employees, family and friends, thank you so much and we hope you enjoy the holidays!